Time to train
23 March 2010
In a nutshell…
• Employees must have been employed for six months before making a request
• Employees can only make one request a year
• Employers are required to seriously consider a request
• Employers can refuse for specified business reasons
• The time off is unpaid
• There are penalties for non-compliance;
• The right will initially only apply to businesses with 250 or more employees but will be extended to all businesses in April 2011.
If you want to find out more about this new right and what it could mean for your business, click here.