Partner, Head of Employment
Qualifications: BA (Hons) (Oxon)
Admitted as a solicitor 1997
Partner from 2003
Tel: +44 (0) 117 902 2701
Roger is head of Burges Salmon's Employment practice.
Roger deals with a full range of employment law related matters for employers in both the private and public sectors. Relevant expertise includes:
- the conduct of tribunal advocacy and also judicial mediation to resolve complex employment claims. Also advising on High Court litigation including restraint of trade and industrial action related injunctions
- advising on and managing major redundancy and restructuring exercises, including site closures and business relocations
- advising on senior executive severances (both from a company and individual perspective)
- providing guidance on internal dispute resolution procedures including grievances, regulatory compliance and fraud investigations
- advising on employment issues arising from insolvency related transactions
Roger is also one of the firm's graduate recruitment partners, as well as a director of @-Bristol, a local science learning centre. He is a frequent speaker at seminars (both internal and external) and provides training to many major clients on employment related matters.