Chris joined Burges Salmon in 1991 after serving in the Royal Navy for 11 years. Chris is on the firm's Executive Management Committee.
Chris deals with a full range of contentious and non-contentious employment work, advising employers and employees in both public and private sectors on the complete range of employment issues.
Chris acts for a large number of multinational clients and coordinates employment advice across a wide range of jurisdictions. In particular:
- setting up European Works councils and National Works Councils
- cross border transfer of employees and TUPE considerations
- restructuring and plant closure across different jurisdictions
- harmonisation of terms and conditions across different jurisdictions
- employment advice on setting up businesses in the UK
- Tribunal advocacy and mediation
Chris is also chair of the firms International Committee and has particular responsibility for the firms international alliance with firms in Europe. He is a frequent speaker at both national and international conferences and provides training on employment law and health and safety issues for clients and others.