Acting for Babcock International Group plc
31 March 2009
Our pensions team are to act for Babcock International Group plc in respect of all of its pension arrangements.
Included in Babcock's pensions portfolio are five final salary schemes, all of which are significant in asset terms, and which together have liabilities of some £2 billion. The schemes are:
- Devonport Royal Dockland Scheme - £700m
- Babcock International Group Scheme - £500m
- Rosyth Royal Dockland Scheme £450m
- First Engineering (Railways Pension) Scheme - £200m
- Alstec Pension Scheme - £50m
We already provide employment advice to Babcock and have done so for many years. We are delighted that our relationship with Babcock is to be extended to cover pensions.