Qualifications: LLB (Hons), LLM (Hons) (European Legal Studies)
Admitted as a solicitor 1993
Tel: +44 (0) 117 902 6682
Stephanie is a highly experienced procurement and commercial lawyer with a track record of advising on and managing complex procurements and projects. She acts principally for public sector organisations and utilities, both on non-contentious and contentious matters.
Stephanie has built up a reputation for advising clients in the education, energy and rail sectors as well as advising local authority and public sector clients.
Her experience covers advising on procurement strategy, assisting clients with managing large procurement projects and preparing the tender documentation, advising on State aid and grant funding issues and advising on collaborative projects.
Recent experience includes:
- Adviser to the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority on the procurement aspects of decommissioning programmes for the Dounreay and the Magnox sites. The Magnox competition is probably the largest decommissioning project in the world, with an estimated value of potentially £6bn.
- Advising the London Development Agency on the high profile tender under the competitive dialogue process for the development and regeneration of a key strategic site at Royal Albert Docks, to the east of the City of London. This has been successfully completed.
- Advising Eurostar on its strategy for procuring strategic projects and drafting and implementing a procurement compliance programme.
- Advising the University of Bristol on the establishment and ongoing operation of the National Composites Centre, in particular advising on the structure and membership arrangements to comply with State aid, procurement and competition laws and advising on various funding agreements and commercial contracts. The centre will provide state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities and research and development opportunities for manufacturers in the composite sector.
- Advising the National Trust on State aid in relation to its acquisition of Tredegar House in Wales.
- Advising Train Operating Companies on bid strategy and the procurement process under the new wave of franchise competitions.
Stephanie is a member of the Procurement Lawyers Association and has contributed to the work of several working groups. She regularly speaks at external events and writes articles for the procurement group.