Our IP lawyers have a formidable level of expertise, which is acknowledged nationally and internationally.
The highly-acclaimed team’s key clients include multiple high profile global brands. Drawing on expertise from a range of technical, scientific and commercial backgrounds, our IP lawyers have market-leading, in-depth insight into a range of industry sectors. We ensure that our service is tailored to each client, and is rooted in a clear understanding of their commercial objectives.
Our offering is genuinely full service (aside from patent prosecution). The team includes a trade mark attorney meaning we offer a distinct and discrete, but complementary, brand protection service. Clients come to us in particular for our expertise in more complex issues (we are often asked to provide second opinions), and we are regularly praised for our problem-solving and, above all, pragmatic, commercial solutions.
We also offer specialist commercial advice to the media industry, advising a range of high-profile clients working in advertising, television, music, publishing and social media.
Areas of focus
Our IP law and media expertise includes the following:
- Clearance, ownership and protection of intellectual property rights – including trade mark and design rights, intellectual property audits, registrations and management of national and international portfolios.
- Exploitation of intellectual property rights – through collaboration agreements, joint ventures, licensing arrangements and assignments.
- Intellectual property disputes – including trade mark, patent, copyright and design litigation, trade mark oppositions and cancellations and Company Names Tribunal and domain name disputes.
- Regulatory and statutory developments and implications for the media industry.
- Sponsorship arrangements, broadcasting rights and exploitation agreements for TV/multimedia clients.