Our team of specialist projects lawyers is one of the largest and most diverse in the UK. Combining market-leading industry sector insight with the highest level of legal expertise, our projects team delivers clear, effective solutions to our clients.
We provide a seamless service throughout all stages of the project life cycle – from financing, planning and real estate through to construction and operations. We understand the legal and commercial challenges inherent in any project and are renowned for our creative approach to problem solving.
Our projects lawyers have a proven track record of successful project delivery in a range of key infrastructure and wider sectors including energy, transport, defence, rail and education. We advise bidders, developers, investors, regulators, finance parties and the private and public sector.
In public sector projects our work has earned us appointment to Tier 1 of the government's Crown Commercial Service (CCS) General Legal Services Framework (RM3786). The 12 Tier 1 firms are the preferred suppliers for government. We are also on legal panels for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Costain Limited, Highways England, Ministry of Defence, Welsh Water, Green Investment Bank and Hochtief.
Areas of focus
Our projects expertise includes the following:
- Running complex and highly regulated procurement projects as well as advising bidders on major projects.
- Projects under English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish law.
- Consenting large infrastructure.
- Community and social infrastructure arrangements.
- Rolling stock.
- Commissioning and operational issues within asset and service delivery projects.
- Financing structures and contractual arrangements.
- Regulatory and compliance matters.
- Onshore and offshore outsourcing.