Chris joined Burges Salmon in 1991 having previously served as an officer in the Royal Navy for 11 years.
Chris is on the firm's governing body as the international partner and he is chair of the firm's international committee.
Chris deals with a full range of contentious and non-contentious employment work, advising employers and employees in both public and private sectors on the complete range of employment issues.
Chris acts for a large number of multinational clients and coordinates employment advice across a wide range of jurisdictions. In particular:
- setting up European Works Councils and National Works Councils
- cross-border transfer of employees and TUPE considerations
- restructuring and plant closure across different jurisdictions
- harmonisation of terms and conditions across different jurisdictions
- employment advice on setting up businesses in the UK
- tribunal advocacy and mediation
- advising boards of FTSE 100 companies on executive/reputational issues
- advising partnerships, LLPs and partners/members in relation to exists and changes to partnership and LLP agreements.
Chris is a frequent speaker at national and international conferences and provides training on employment law issues for clients and professional bodies.