Katie is a senior associate in the firm’s corporate finance team, based in the Edinburgh office and has experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, venture capital and corporate restructuring. Katie has acted for companies, entrepreneurs, investors and management teams across a broad range of industry sectors (locally, nationally and internationally).

Katie’s work has had particular focus on life sciences, technology, food and drink and renewable energy sectors. Katie also provides advice and support to clients on various corporate and commercial matters including corporate governance, company law and commercial contracts.

Katie has undertaken a two year secondment at SIMEC Atlantis Energy (SAE), a leading sustainable energy company, during which time she was the primary legal advisor for the SAE group.

  • Acted for Inverleith LLP on its partial acquisition of and investment in Montane, a leading European brand of outdoor clothing and equipment for mountain sports.
  • Acted for William Grant & Sons on its corporate restructuring.
  • Acted for Cumulus Oncology Limited on its inaugural and follow up investments from EOS Advisory LLP.
  • Advised Genus Investments Limited on its initial acquisition of 39 per cent, with an option to acquire the remaining 61 per cent in the share capital of a globally recognised commercial aquaculture genetics and technology business, based in Scotland.
  • Advised Octopus Investments and Fern Fibre Limited on the acquisitions of Vorboss Limited and M 12 Solutions Limited (both fibre connectivity network services companies) for the development and expansion of a FTTP network across the South West of England. 
  • Advised Inverleith LLP on its partial acquisition and majority investment of Eden Mill, the St Andrews based contemporary premium gin and single malt scotch whisky brand and distiller.
  • Advised Progressive Energy Northwest Limited on its collaboration with Stanlow Hydrogen Limited in connection with the collaboration company manufacturing, producing and selling low carbon hydrogen for use across North West England and North East Wales.