Our private client services team is nationally recognised for providing clear and practical legal advice to clients in the UK and abroad. We work with a wide variety of clients including entrepreneurs, landowners, High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), trustees and family offices, both onshore and offshore.
With one of the largest private client law teams in the UK, we have an expert pool of knowledge, helping our clients to mitigate tax, structure their affairs, preserve their property and pass it on to their successors. We have extensive experience of cross-border estate and succession planning, international tax and property structuring, and settling family disputes. We also advise global financial institutions on the provision of trust and tax planning services.
We are renowned for our open and pragmatic approach, basing our service around the needs of our clients to deliver straightforward solutions to what are often complex matters. The quality of our private client services was recognised at the STEP Private Client Awards 2015/16, at which we won the Legal Team of the Year – Large Firm award.
Areas of focus
We have expertise in all areas of private client law including the following:
- Trust management – accounts, tax returns and annual compliance service.
- Wills, trusts and estate planning – passing wealth down through trusts and alternative structures including Family Investment Companies (FICs).
- Family law advice – divorce, separation and marital agreements.
- Family businesses – succession planning, structures, governance and family charters.
- Specialist probate services – administering estates often with technical inheritance or cross-border issues.
- International tax and trust advice – including property structuring, residence and domicile issues, succession planning and immigration and visas.
- Tax and trust advice to global financial institutions.